Status update, 2011-11-14

Iain McGinniss

Nov 14, 2011, 8:25:29 PM11/14/11
to belay-r...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the weekly status update for the belay research team.

Last week, we completed the following tasks:
- Mark investigated pulling attributes from OpenID providers and passing these to belay instances, in either attested or unattested forms. From this we have a design for integrating OpenID identity into the belay station, and will begin implementing this starting this week.
- Some user experience related changes have being implemented in the belay station. The default sections have been reorganised to "Personal", "Work" and "Games", with a "Trash" section that is used as an intermediate dumping ground for deleted instances.
- The station now populates significantly faster on initial load, as all content is delivered with the initial request rather than pulled individually for each section.

An internal conference at Google ate a significant portion of the week also, which is the reason for the relatively short change list. We hope to push the above changes to appspot in the near future, so the changes will be visible on the public demo sites.

In the coming week, we plan to:
- Add a "Recent" section to the station, listing the most recently added instances. This will replace the "Uncategorized" section.
- Implement OpenID integration in the station.

Until next time,
Iain McGinniss | Intern | iain...@google.com