BCD sat 21, 7pm, simulating climate change impacts in China

Beijing Community Dinner

Sep 16, 2013, 10:34:38 PM9/16/13
to beijingcomm...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

A truly fascinating speaker and topic for BCD this Saturday 7pm: thanks to Grace for organizing this and see Dr John Moore's bio below.

Please RSVP if you want a seat – we expect a crowd. And please, given the increasing challenges of finding affordable, suitable venues for BCD, we don’t want no-shows –if you can’t come please cancel your RSVP 24 hours beforehand so we can give the seat/s to someone else. Nosson will be selling bread baked by our friends at www.crazybake.com.

Venue details will be sent later once we have an idea of numbers. See you Saturday!

Dr John Moore is a professor with the College of Global Change and Earth Science of Beijing Normal University. He leads the Geoengineering Research China Initiative, which produces digital simulations of climate change, variations in ice masses and introducing the latest ice sheet models into China, so as to better produce better ice sheet variation models of the Tibetan plateau and the South Pole.

Dr Moore holds professorships at universities in Finland and Sweden and has conducted research for many years in Greenland. His primary areas of research include variations and forecasts in the North and South Poles and sea levels, the impact of nature and human beings on climate change and extreme weather conditions.

--
Visit us!