Talk at the Bookworm this Thursday, Sept. 26, 7:30 about grassroots NGOs in China

Shawn Shieh

Sep 22, 2013, 8:05:58 PM9/22/13
to Beijing Community Dinner, beijingcomm...@googlegroups.com
Dear BCD members,

I wanted to let you know about a talk I'm giving at the Bookworm this Thursday about the grassroots NGOs in our recently published Chinese NGO Directory and how you can connect and support the work of these organizations. Of course, I'll mention BCD and the great work that Mark, Tzzy and others have done to expose people to these organizations. I also hope to have a special guest - Robyn Wexler, who worked with Nick Young to produce the first Chinese NGO Directory way back in 2001.

The NGO Directory will be for sale at the talk and I'll be there signing copies. Here's the blurb for the talk:

Thursday, September 26 7:30pm

China's Grassroots NGO Sector - a talk with Shawn Shieh of China Development Brief

40/50rmb

Shawn Shieh is Director and Editor of China Development Brief (English) and serves as a civil society consultant for the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law, the United Nations Development Program and the Asian Development Bank. Join us as he discusses his recent groundbreaking findings from the China NGO Directory. Learn more about the grassroots NGO landscape in China as well as how to connect with and support these organizations.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Beijing Community Dinner <b...@beijingcommunitydinner.org> wrote:

hello all,

Thanks to Lizzie from Global Witness for a very interesting evening on Saturday last.

Our next dinner is set for Sept 21 and will feature the fascinating topic “Geo-engineering the climate” with Professor John Moore, Chief Scientist, College of Global Change and Earth System Science at Beijing Normal University

We're looking forward to having Roots n Shoots (Jane Goodall Institution) and Wetlands International speaking in Oct.

We'll also have Handicap International as well as the International Network for Bamboo & Rattan, a very interesting organisation focused on alleviating rural poverty

--
Visit us!

Shawn Shieh, Ph.D. (谢世宏)
Director and Editor, China Development Brief (English)

Blogs: NGOs in China, www.ngochina.blogspot.com