Bdd "given-when-then" structure

Berkay Turgut

Mar 21, 2022, 10:38:11 AM3/21/22
to Behaviour Driven Development
I have a question about BDD that I want to ask you. In the literature, it is stated that in the "given-when-then" structure, "given" and "then" can be infinite, while "when" will be 1 piece. The reason for this is that a test scenario affects only one test and business analysts can easily see this and take action. But in real life, the flow does not go like that. There can be more than one reason for a test scenario to explode, so the tester should run and check the scenario again. And also the business analyst is not checking for bdd clauses via IDE. What do you guys think about this? Why was this decision made in the literature?

George Dinwiddie

Mar 21, 2022, 10:56:48 AM3/21/22
to behaviordriv...@googlegroups.com
Berkay,

Can you give an example of "more than one reason for a test scenario to
explode?"

I suspect that your scenario is larger than one action.

- George
Consultant and Coach https://pragprog.com/titles/gdestimate/