[Feedback Please] Introducing Carrot - a gherkin fork for Product Managers - to bring BDD to product management

Talvinder Singh

Jan 20, 2022, 9:53:13 AM1/20/22
to Behaviour Driven Development
Thanks Dan for pointing me to this group.

Hi All

I am a product manager with about 14 years of hands-on experience. I was product head at OYO (a decacorn), CPO at freecultr(a sequoia backed company), and currently running my 3rd startup.

I have experienced that amongst all the tech stakeholders involved in developing a product, product requirements are defined most loosely/unstructured manner, leading to PRDs that are not readable, testable or worse, usable.

I discovered gherkin couple of years back and have forked it to build a DSL for product managers, with the hope to bring better structure in product documentation. I call this fork Carrot.

In the post linked below, I have explained the entire logic, background, and how Carrot works.

I have built a VSCode extension to make it easy to write in Carrot. Find its link in the post.

I seek guidance and feedback from this amazing group of BDD practitioners. Please help me in identifying gaps or ways to improve.

Talvinder Singh