Assistance with Extrafiles Plugin

Jim Oltman

May 10, 2020, 12:23:52 PM5/10/20
to beets
I need some assistance in moving files from an album directory structure that looks like this:

Artwork/

Extras/

01.title.flac

02.title.flac

EAC.log

flac_image.CUE

flac_tracks.CUE

I want the final structure to look like this:

Artwork/ (This contains everything from the original Artwork, or Scans folder)

Data/ (This contains everything the original Extras folder as well as anything from the original album folder with the .log, .CUE, .md5 etc filetypes)

01.title.flac

02.title.flac

The original Artwork folder is moved with all it's contents in tact, as well as any .jpg, .jpeg, .png files moved from the original root folder to inside the new Artwork folder. I can get the Data folder created with files from the root of the original album folder, but it will not move anything from the Extras folder at the root of album to that Data folder. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Here's the relevant portion from my config.yaml file:

extrafiles:
    patterns:
        artworkdir:
            - '[sS]cans/'
            - '[sS]can/'
            - '[aA]rtwork/'
        artworkfiles:
          - '*.png'
          - '*.jpg'
          - '*.jpeg'
          - '*.gif'
          - '*.pdf'
        datafiles:
          - '*.log'
          - '*.txt'
          - '*.md5'
          - '*.ffp'
          - '*.cue'
          - '*.CUE'
          - '*.nfo'
          - '*.st5'
        extradir:
            - '[eE]xtras/'
#        extrafiles:
#          - '[eE]xtras/*.log'
#          - '[eE]xtras/*.txt'
#          - '[eE]xtras/*.md5'
#          - '[eE]xtras/*.ffp'
#          - '[eE]xtras/*.cue'
#          - '[eE]xtras/*.CUE'
#          - '[eE]xtras/*.nfo'
#          - '[eE]xtras/*.st5'

    paths:
        artworkdir: $albumpath/Artwork
        artworkfiles: $albumpath/Artwork/$filename
        extradir: $albumpath/Data
#        extrafiles: $albumpath/Data/$filename
        datafiles: $albumpath/Data/$filename

If I uncomment the lines above, I do get the files from the original Extras folder moved into the Data folder. However, the original file names now have Extras_ added to the beginning.

I'm also trying to make this Data folder work for a multidisc album. I was using this to make multidisc Data folders:

item_fields:
    multidisc: 1 if disctotal > 1 else 0

paths:
    datafiles: $albumpath/Data%if{$multidisc,-Disc$disc}/$filename

However for single or multidisc albums, I was getting the folder name:

Data-Disc$disc

Obviously, I have no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!