beets 1.4.3 error with copyartifacts

Daniel Köbsch

Feb 20, 2017, 3:35:05 AM2/20/17
to beets
Once again i have some time for reorganizing my archive.
in the meanwhile beets got updated to 1.4.3 and now i get an error with the copyartifacts-plugin.

** error loading plugin copyartifacts:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/beets/plugins.py", line 254, in load_plugins
    namespace = __import__(modname, None, None)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/beetsplug/copyartifacts.py", line 141
    print 'Ignored files:'
                         ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

beets version 1.4.3
Python version 3.6.0
plugins: acousticbrainz, bpd, bucket, chroma, discogs, embedart, fetchart, fuzzy, inline, lyrics, missing, replaygain, web

Something i can do about this?
Is there another possibility to copy *.pdf and others while importing?

Thanks for answers!

Adrian Sampson

Feb 20, 2017, 10:36:37 AM2/20/17
to beets...@googlegroups.com
Hi! It looks like the plugin might not be compatible with Python 3:

But maybe it’s just a matter of using the latest source of that plugin, which seems to have some py3-related changes implemented.

Adrian

Message has been deleted

Adrian Sampson

Feb 20, 2017, 2:42:37 PM2/20/17
to beets
That’s too bad! You might want to leave a message for the author of the plugin with these details—perhaps on that issue, #31, that discusses Python 3 compatibility.

Good luck! I’m glad beets is working well for you otherwise.

Adrian

On Feb 20, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Daniel Köbsch <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Adrian,

thanks for your quick reply! :)

But maybe it’s just a matter of using the latest source of that plugin, which seems to have some py3-related changes implemented.
nope, that did not work. :\
i used the method described at github:
git clone https://github.com/sbarakat/beets-copyartifacts.git
cd beets-copyartifacts
python setup.py install
that leads with following output:

running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing dependency_links to beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing namespace_packages to beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/namespace_packages.txt
writing requirements to beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/requires.txt
writing top-level names to beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/top_level.txt
reading manifest file 'beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
writing manifest file 'beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
installing library code to build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg
running install_lib
running build_py
creating build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg
creating build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/beetsplug
copying build/lib/beetsplug/copyartifacts.py -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/beetsplug
copying build/lib/beetsplug/__init__.py -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/beetsplug
byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/beetsplug/copyartifacts.py to copyartifacts.cpython-36.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/beetsplug/__init__.py to __init__.cpython-36.pyc
creating build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/PKG-INFO -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/SOURCES.txt -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/dependency_links.txt -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/namespace_packages.txt -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/requires.txt -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying beets_copyartifacts.egg-info/top_level.txt -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/EGG-INFO
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
creating 'dist/beets_copyartifacts-0.1.2-py3.6.egg' and adding 'build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg' to it
removing 'build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg' (and everything under it)
Processing beets_copyartifacts-0.1.2-py3.6.egg
Removing /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/beets_copyartifacts-0.1.2-py3.6.egg
Copying beets_copyartifacts-0.1.2-py3.6.egg to /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages
beets-copyartifacts 0.1.2 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

running
beet import <desired_dir>
gives this same error:

** error loading plugin copyartifacts:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/beets/plugins.py", line 254, in load_plugins
    namespace = __import__(modname, None, None)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/beetsplug/copyartifacts.py", line 141
    print 'Ignored files:'
                         ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

So i guess it isn't working.

OTOH:
Beets works awesome, today i learned about the --quiet option and a 6h dry run over my old library filled my new Archive with the directory structure i wished with all files nicely tagged and alined … i LOVE it :D

Just like to find out how to automagically move these .cue and .log and Artwork-Folders before switching from copy to move ;)

Daniel Köbsch

Feb 20, 2017, 2:51:32 PM2/20/17
to beets
…just a thought i'd like to add, i'm no programmer – just a user:
i could imagine another query if beets is in doubt, something like this:

HEY DUDE.
I found some additional files here in this directory.
[1] Folder A     [2] Folder B
[3] File a          [4] File b      [5] File c     [6] File d      [7] File e

Shall i keep them
[a]ll
or enter numbers.

really: I don't know what that would mean for you, just a thought o:-)

Message has been deleted

Daniel Köbsch

Feb 21, 2017, 11:46:24 AM2/21/17
to beets

 well…after fiddling around some hours more i must say that copyartifacts does not work with beets 1.4.3 and python 3.6. Somehow it worked one moment, until i ralized that every file was doubled during the import.

For now i will import with beets and copy these "essential" leftovers by hand.

I'd really like to see some some native beets feature like i suggested yesterday, unfrtntly i can't do this by my own. Is there a beets wishlist where i may enter such a wish… ;)

but once again – overall thanks for this program, i'ts just this nifty detail… ;)

George M.

Nov 23, 2018, 11:41:05 AM11/23/18
to beets
 Daniel;

I just used corrected copyartifacts plugin as in the issue thread at github and it works. Just replace your version manually. See this issue

George