Seperate config file for cron managed beet imports?

Enrico

Nov 9, 2018, 8:54:59 PM11/9/18
to beets
I've set up cron to run a beets import from my downloads folder every hour, unfortunately my manual use of the app is different from an auto-run. In my config file I typically comment out the lines below when moving or copying. Is there a way to specify a different config file when calling the app?

# move settings
    move: yes
    copy: no
    incremental: no
    resume: no
# =====================
# copy settings
    #move: no
    #copy: yes
    #incremental: yes
    #resume: yes
# =====================

Short of specifying a different config file, is it possible to override the above config file from move settings to copy settings when calling the app using "docker exec -ti beets beet import /downloads"?

Adrian Sampson

Nov 9, 2018, 9:12:02 PM11/9/18
to beets...@googlegroups.com
Yes! The -c option (see `beet help`) lets you specify the path to a configuration file.

Adrian

Robbie Sands

Nov 9, 2018, 9:42:33 PM11/9/18
to beets...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic, I missed the part in the Global Flags section. I'll give it a spin today.
https://beets.readthedocs.io/en/v1.3.17/reference/cli.html#global-flags

Beets has a few “global” flags that affect all commands. These must appear between the executable name (beet) and the command—for example, beet -v import ....

  • -l LIBPATH: specify the library database file to use.
  • -d DIRECTORY: specify the library root directory.
  • -v: verbose mode; prints out a deluge of debugging information. Please use this flag when reporting bugs. You can use it twice, as in -vv, to make beets even more verbose.
  • -c FILE: read a specified YAML configuration file.

Beets also uses the BEETSDIR environment variable to look for configuration and data.