Automating "This album is already in the library!" responses on quiet import

Enrico

Dec 23, 2018, 6:03:12 PM12/23/18
to beets
I recently set up a cron script to run a quiet beets import on my incoming music folder every 15 mins, working with resume, incremental and move. I had incorrectly assumed that I'd correctly set up the duplicates plugin to delete suspected duplicates in my library using:

duplicates:

delete: yes

I recently checked the logs and discovered that the beets import has been skipping suspected duplicates with "This album is already in the library!". I'm in the process of upgrading the quality of existing albums, so I'd really like some way of automating the replacement process.

I understand that detecting LAME presets has been on the backburner for a while now, however what I'd like to do is ALWAYS replace the library version. It seems like the duplicates plugin should be able to do that however I can't seem to get it to do anything during import. Is this possible or should I go back to the manual import process?

Adrian Sampson

Dec 23, 2018, 11:16:25 PM12/23/18
to beets...@googlegroups.com
Hi there! You’ll want to use the import,duplicate_action config config option:
http://docs.beets.io/en/v1.4.7/reference/config.html#duplicate-action

Adrian

Robbie Sands

Dec 24, 2018, 1:53:27 AM12/24/18
to beets...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic, thanks again Adrian. I'm back in action!

Eric Douglas

Jan 19, 2020, 7:32:36 PM1/19/20
to beets
Does this keep different audio quality recordings, or keeps the highest quality file?
When I see dups pop up, sometimes they are the same size, and some are different?  So I either keep both, or how do I select the highest quality/bitrate?