Re: [beets] Install/Config File problem

Adrian Sampson

Nov 13, 2018, 10:10:56 AM11/13/18
to beets
Hi! Please see this thread:
https://github.com/beetbox/beets/issues/2607

> On Nov 11, 2018, at 11:45 AM, Coog <moun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I am on windows 10. I have installed python 3.6 and clicked yes to the add to PATH option, and I have checked that the two paths shown in the install guide have been added to the user variables section of environment variables, although not the system variables.
>
> I can install (seemingly) fine, when I run "beets" it shows me a list of commands, no errors. When I run beet config -p it shows me the path to the config file, but when I hit beet config -e I get an error.
>
> https://puu.sh/C01AW/12a0fa7276.png
>
> Further, once I have edited the config file manually and try to run it, it just throws another error (and some of the text is just displayed as ? characters in boxs.
>
> https://puu.sh/C026F/d3deb0315d.png
>
> Any fix?
>
> --

Message has been deleted

Adrian Sampson

Dec 4, 2018, 4:12:37 PM12/4/18
to beets...@googlegroups.com
Oops; sorry! I meant either this thread:
https://github.com/beetbox/beets/issues/2192

In any case, the short answer is that you probably need to set your EDITOR environment variable. Or, if you’re on Windows, it could be that you need to create the relevant text file yourself before Notepad can open it.

Adrian