Chamas and stolen captives in Noach

Rabbi Tal Zwecker

Oct 17, 2023, 8:48:26 AM10/17/23
to beermayimchaim
Its very Providential I was thinking of when I read parshas Noach yesterday in the Chok LeYisroel that the land is full of Chamas = וַתִּמָּלֵ֥א הָאָ֖רֶץ חָמָֽס    [which in literal context means violence ] - the targum Onkelos is even more wow - the Aramaic of Chamas  חֲטוֹפִין
Rashi uses the term robbery or theft and stolen which is וְאִתְמְלִיאַת אַרְעָא חֲטוֹפִין:
חֲטוֹפִין in Modern Hebrew translates as stolen people aka captives! spooky

Kol Tuv,
R' Tal Moshe Zwecker
Director Machon Be'er Mayim Chaim Publishing
Chassidic Classics in the English Language
www.chassidusonline.com
chassid...@gmail.com
in Israel: 972-58-322-1218 (sorry no sms)