annotations of the BEDPE files

Bogdan Tanasa

Mar 9, 2021, 9:25:34 PM3/9/21
to bedtools-discuss
Dear Aaron, and all,

i may have missed this piece of information in the documentation : would you please let me know how/if we could use BEDTOOLS to annotate BEDPE files (from HIC pipelines, eg JUICER), with the closest TSS (or enhancer, or other feature) to each anchor ? thanks,

-- bogdan

Aaron Quinlan

Mar 15, 2021, 9:02:27 AM3/15/21
to bedtools...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bogdan,

Unfortunately, the “closest” tool only works for BED (not BEDPE) format.  You could convert the BEDPE file to BED, compute closest for each end, then use groupby to combine the results for each anchor. Sorry there isn’t a cleaner way.

Take care,
Aaron

Bogdan Tanasa

Mar 15, 2021, 6:43:20 PM3/15/21
to bedtools-discuss
Thank you for your message and confirmation, Aaron.

all the best wishes,

-- bogdan