How to delete a genome index

Jichen Wen

Oct 19, 2021, 11:26:32 AM10/19/21
to bedtools-discuss
Hi All,

I am trying to convert a .bed to a .fa using bedtools getfasta.

Since I didn't create the target genome  index , It automatically create an index for me , but I found some error in the target genome and I correct these error  , then I run the command one more time ,however  it didn't update the index get the same output as before.

I am wondering how can I update/delete my index?

Any pointers or ways to do this would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Jichen

Aaron Quinlan

Oct 21, 2021, 6:35:30 PM10/21/21
to bedtools...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jichen,

The command in UNIX would be “rm” (remove).  You should be able to “rm [INDEX NAME]” and then rerun the bedtools command.

Aaron

Jichen Wen

Nov 4, 2021, 3:08:43 PM11/4/21
to bedtools...@googlegroups.com
It works! Thanks for your help!🥳

Aaron Quinlan <aaronq...@gmail.com>于2021年10月22日 周五06:35写道:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "bedtools-discuss" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bedtools-discuss/CDEDEE4B-A3EC-4873-9F18-9CDC8D923F84%40gmail.com.