std::invalid_argument

Robin Storch

Nov 21, 2022, 12:59:59 PM11/21/22
to bedtools-discuss
Hello,

I am trying to help a researcher using bedtools.  Here is the description:

I tried to run a bedtools command, but it always show this error (I have an original bed file, and I opened it using excel, sorted it firstly and extract top 5000 genes, and then save as text(tab delimitd), and then change the file5000.txt to file5000.bed ). I searched online, and tried the way someone posted (https://github.com/arq5x/bedtools2/issues/917), still doesn’t work, could you help me fix it?

The error message is:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
what ():  stoll
Aborted (core dumped).

I looked in the file and there is no true or false in the lines of data.

Thank you for your help.