Somethings that I noticed

Julian Brown

Jan 31, 2018, 8:42:28 PM1/31/18
to Bedrock
I am building Bedrock from source, I am on Debian for my servers.

I am on master.  I see a release tab on Github corresponding to the 2 tags listed in git, so I guess the tags are intentional releases.

I was able to build master pretty easily but I noticed that the plugins directory does not have a Makefile.   I was able to hack one together by borrowing the one from testplugins directory.  I also noticed that the Status.cpp plugin was magically removed.  Status is not a big deal, but I was concerned about the lack of a Makefile for the plugins, as I intend to write a plugin for my own purposes.  Do you use "plugins" in your production environment or do you call libbedrock.a directly from your production environment to submit queries?

If you are interested I can submit a pull request for the plugins/Makefile that I hacked together, or you can produce one that fits better with your plans.

I also noticed in main.cpp an argument "-controlPort" defaulting to 9999.   I was able to modify the multiple datacenter discussion on your website by modifying this value for each of the bedrock instances I was running on the same vm.    What is the purpose of the controlPort? I see no documentation regarding it.

Thanx

Julian