Vulnerability In BEdita CMS

Edric Teo Jin Kai

Feb 11, 2015, 12:18:09 AM2/11/15
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have discovered a vulnerability in BEdita, may I know how should I contact the security team? Or should I create a new issue via github bug tracker?

Best regards,
Edric Teo

bato

Feb 11, 2015, 4:18:15 AM2/11/15
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edric Teo,

thank you for contact us and help to discover issues in BEdita.
Please, feel free to create new issue on github https://github.com/bedita/bedita/issues specifying the BEdita version and how to reproduce the vulnerability.

Greetings
Alberto

Edric Teo Jin Kai

Feb 11, 2015, 7:55:09 AM2/11/15
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alberto,

I have drafted a proof-of-concept exploiting the vulnerability in a pdf file. However github doesn't allow the uploading of a pdf file.

Is it possible for me to email you the POC?

Thanks

Best regards,
Edric Teo

Stefano Rosanelli

Feb 12, 2015, 6:17:25 AM2/12/15
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edric,

thanks on behalf of the BEdita dev team for your detailed proof-of-concept.
We are already working to solve those issues.

ciao
Stefano

Edric Teo Jin Kai

Feb 12, 2015, 8:23:24 AM2/12/15
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano,

Thank you for your response. It is my pleasure to be working with the developers of BEdita.
Could you please update me after the fixes are made so that I could request for CVE IDs for the respective vulnerability.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Edric Teo

Alberto Pagliarini

Feb 16, 2015, 10:02:53 AM2/16/15
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edric Teo,

we have opened two issues about vulnerabilities reported by you:

The first one is already closed while the second is in test status and soon it will be closed too.
The patches are on 3-corylus branch and soon as possible a 3.5.1 version will be released.

Thanks again for your help to improve BEdita!

ciao
Alberto

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BEdita" group.

bato

Feb 19, 2015, 9:58:19 AM2/19/15
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edric Teo,

Thank you very much for your contribute!

Alberto

Edric Teo Jin Kai

Feb 19, 2015, 11:06:59 PM2/19/15
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alberto,

Thank you for informing on the new release of BEdita CMS.

It was a great pleasure working with you.

Have a nice day! :)