SCAVENGER HIKE with Your Tyke to Harvard Pond

Bedford Trail Walks

May 17, 2021, 7:31:46 AM5/17/21
to bedfordma-trails@googlegroups.com Bedford Trail Walks
We're introducing a new activity in our "Take Your Own Trail Walk" series--a Scavenger Hunt combined with a 1-mile hike. This “Scavenger Hike with Your Tyke” is aimed at expanding recreational activities in Bedford for families. Our activity combines a Scavenger Hunt with an approximately 1-mile hike:
  • Tykes (with parents and/or grandparents) start at the trailhead near 100 Old Causeway Rd. (see attached Scavenger Hike sheet, map and description), then follow the map to Harvard Pond
  • Tykes check off what they find on their Scavenger Hike
  • Please printout the map and the "Scavenger Hike” in advance (in color at high resolution), and bring markers or crayons for Tykes.
See if you can find 15, 18, or all 20!

Enjoy!

Clem Larson, Bedford Trails Committee

48 Bedford Scavenger Tyke Hike to Harvard Pond.pdf

Sarah Henry

May 17, 2021, 11:49:26 AM5/17/21
to bedfordm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much! It is also good to know if trails are stroller friendly, would you say this one is? I really love the pictures and will definitely do this!

bedfordma.trailwalks

May 17, 2021, 11:55:25 AM5/17/21
to BedfordMA-Trails
Sarah-

Depends on your stroller. The walk is mostly flat, but has long slopes, with some tree roots, uneven terrain, and bog bridges, and may be wet and muddy. The walk is about 1 mile and takes about an hour.

Clem