what is the solution to replace the NOVRAM with CP6606 if we didin't purchase the C9900-U213?

Carlos Bou Gerges (automate)

Jan 24, 2018, 6:38:09 AM1/24/18
to Beckhoff Support Lebanon

- Can we save the persistent data to a standard log file/note pad/ txt file/ etc… any form to be called whenever the Panel PC is powered ??

 Below is an example and description how to read/write on a CSV file..

https://infosys.beckhoff.com/english.php?content=../content/1033/tcplclibutilities/html/tcplclibutilities_csv_sample.htm&id=

- if we install Indusoft runtime license on the below CP6606, can we use the software features to store the persistent data to be called whenever the Panel PC is powered ??

  Yes, we can use this option to solve the persistent data

- Can we link the Panel PC to a bus controller BC9000 series or any CX…. and use its UPS/Novram just to store the persistent data values ? to be called whenever the Panel PC is powered ??

   It isn’t recommended, in this case, because  you are making the system as Master slave…..