Announcement of sad demise of Mrs. Jharna Pal, wife of late BECCA alumni Manoj Pal

Prabir Ghosh

Nov 16, 2023, 5:13:17 PM11/16/23
to - Becaa
Dear BECAA Family,
It is with profound sadness and heavy hearts that we share the news of the passing of Mrs. Jharna Pal, wife of late BECCA alumni Manoj Pal. She passed away on November 10th, 2023.
Inline image

Jharna di and Manoj da was an integral part of our BECAA Family. In this difficult time, our thoughts and prayers are with Pal family and loved ones. We understand that this loss is deeply felt by many, and we want to offer our support to those who may be grieving.
She is survived by her two sons Rajib Pal and Sudeep Pal; daughter-in-law Sarah Ellen Pal; four grandchildren Asia Ann Pal, Kyra Ann Pal, Dylan Kumar Pal, Sophie Ellen Pal; and brother Dilip Kumar Pal.
Funeral services for Jharna di will take place Saturday, November 18, 2023 from 9:00-11:00am at Franklin Memorial Park. Franklin Memorial Park is located at 1800 Route 27 in North Brunswick, NJ. The Pal family requests that all guests please wear white clothing to honor Hindu funeral traditions (no black).
To view the funeral services online please click HERE. The services will be streamed from 9:00-11:00am EST (7:30-9:30pm India time).

Please join us in our prayers for the Pal family and wishing Jharna Di’s soul rest in peace.
Sincerely,
Prabir Ghosh
General Secretary
[On behalf of BECAA East Coast Chapter]

Prabir Ghosh

Nov 17, 2023, 4:15:23 PM11/17/23
to - Becaa
Dear BECAA Family,

Wanted to share the below memories shared by Prof. Bimal Bose (1956 EE) regarding Late Manoj Pal and Jharna Pal

Jharna's husband Manoj Pal was my student in BEC for both undergraduate (1965 EE)and Master's  (1967) degrees. Manoj was a very brilliant student, and he got Gold Medal for the Master's degree. He did research in Magnetic Amplifiers. IISc. Bangalore examined his thesis and indicated that BEC standard was very high. As a result, I could establish contacts with them for further visits and give lectures.

I understand that Jharna was related to Radha Binode Pal of Intl. Court of Justice.

Manoj and Jharna visited my house several times when I was a professor of RPI, Troy. I wanted to bring Manoj to RPI with financial support , but it did not materialize. I also visited them several times when they were in New York.
Manoj and Jharna's departure are very sad news for us.

Prof. Bimal Bose (1956 EE)
Univ. of Tennessee

Thanks,
Prabir