Beautiful Soup at PyCon US 2024

leonardr

May 14, 2024, 2:41:44 PMMay 14
to beautifulsoup
Hi, everyone,

This month is the 20th anniversary of the first release of Beautiful Soup, and we're going to celebrate it at PyCon US in Pittsburgh this weekend. If you're going to be there, please come to the celebration, which will be part of the Open Spaces. More about that at:

https://www.harihareswara.net/posts/2024/celebrate-beautiful-soups-20th-anniversary/

For the celebration, we're soliciting five-minute lightning talks about cool things you've done with Beautiful Soup, or how it's made a positive difference in your life (assuming it has!). The celebration will probably be midday on Sunday, May 19th. Logistics about that are in the blog post (my wife Sumana is organizing this, so please email her about it, not me).

I'm also going to speak briefly at the Maintainers' Summit https://us.pycon.org/2024/events/maintainers-summit/ on Friday, May 17th, 2:20-2:40pm, about my experience maintaining Beautiful Soup over the past 20 years.

The talks at the Maintainers' Summit probably will be recorded and published. The anniversary celebration probably will not be recorded.

Hope to see you there,
Leonard

Sumana Harihareswara

May 16, 2024, 7:56:10 AMMay 16
to beautifulsoup
Update:

The Maintainers' Summit talks will not be recorded.

The anniversary celebration will probably be Sunday, May 19th, 1:45-2:30 PM, as part of the Open Spaces https://us.pycon.org/2024/events/open-spaces/ .

-Sumana Harihareswara

Chris Papademetrious

May 21, 2024, 9:04:41 AMMay 21
to beautifulsoup
Hi Leonard, Sumana,

It was great to meet you both at PyCon 2024! Thanks for throwing a wonderful (and comfortably informal) event that allowed us all to share our stories about Beautiful Soup.

 - Chris