Beautiful Soup Cheat Sheet posted

Chris M

Feb 25, 2024, 1:21:38 PMFeb 25
to beautifulsoup
Just to let people know, I've put together a Beautiful Soup cheat sheet.

You can find it here:

https://github.com/chrismcconn/-Beautiful-Soup---Cheat-Sheet/tree/main

Chris Papademetrious

Mar 4, 2024, 6:03:50 AMMar 4
to beautifulsoup
Hi Chris,

This is very nice, thank you for posting it!

I like how you have explanations included with the examples. It's a great way for newcomers to know which attributes/methods they'll likely need to solve their particular problem.

I wonder if this could also be provided in a Jupyter notebook? Perhaps the notebook could be the primary file, also rendered to an HTML file for static viewing. Authoring in notebook form would make the cheat sheet itself easier to update.

 - Chris

Carlos

Mar 13, 2024, 4:55:57 PMMar 13
to beautifulsoup
Hello. The cheat sheet idea is a great idea! Thank you. Also the incorporation of a Jupyter notebook, just as Chris said, would be awesome to see as well.

Chris M

Mar 19, 2024, 6:03:25 PMMar 19
to beautifulsoup
Hello Chris and Phoenix.

Thank you for comments on the cheat sheet.

I've never used Jupyter notebooks. In fact, never heard of them until I saw your posts.

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to turn the cheat sheet into a notebook. However if you wanted to do it yourself, I've posted a plain text version of the cheat sheet, which maybe easier to convert it to a notebook.

https://github.com/chrismcconn/-Beautiful-Soup---Cheat-Sheet