Beautiful Soup 4.11.2

leonardr

Jan 31, 2023, 1:04:02 PM1/31/23
to beautifulsoup
I've released Beautiful Soup 4.11.2 to PyPI. This is a bugfix release focused around making the unit tests pass in a wider variety of system setups. The full changelog is below.

Leonard

= 4.11.2 (20230131)

* Fixed test failures caused by nondeterministic behavior of
  UnicodeDammit's character detection, depending on the platform setup.
  [bug=1973072]

* Fixed another crash when overriding multi_valued_attributes and using the
  html5lib parser. [bug=1948488]

* The HTMLFormatter and XMLFormatter constructors no longer return a
  value. [bug=1992693]

* Tag.interesting_string_types is now propagated when a tag is
  copied. [bug=1990400]

* Warnings now do their best to provide an appropriate stacklevel,
  improving the usefulness of the message. [bug=1978744]

* Passing a Tag's .contents into PageElement.extend() now works the
  same way as passing the Tag itself.

* Soup Sieve tests will be skipped if the library is not installed.

leonardr

Jan 31, 2023, 1:12:26 PM1/31/23
to beautifulsoup
I should also mention that I've converted the Beautiful Soup version control repository from a Bazaar repository to a Git repository.

Leonard

Isaac Muse

Feb 1, 2023, 9:49:04 PM2/1/23
to beautifulsoup
The conversion to git is much appreciated.