Difficulties importing Unicode Dammit

Perry Strahl

Jan 31, 2023, 4:50:16 PM1/31/23
to beautifulsoup
Hello,

I am working on a project in which I would like to use Unicode, Dammit's ability to predict character set encodings (in addition to using chardet), but I am having trouble importing Unicode Dammit. I am using PyCharm Community edition 2022.2.3 and my Python Interpreter is Python 3.10.9. I used conda to install bs4 and was able to successfully import BeautifulSoup from bs4:
UnicodeDammitImport_1-31-2023.png
but I am met with this message regarding UnicodeDammit:
UnicodeDammitErrror_1-31-2023.png
I tried searching online to see if anyone else was having this issue but I could not find anything. If anyone could provide any help on this issue I would be very grateful. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Perry Strahl