Beats on crowdin - All Translators, Please Join!

Philip Peng

Apr 24, 2011, 9:51:17 PM4/24/11
to Beats Portable
http://crowdin.net/project/beats

To deal with managing the various translations/localizations of Beats,
I have uploaded the strings to crowdin, a collaborative translation
tool that supports Android.

The strings are separated into three files:
arrays_trans.xml - these are the options used by settings
settings_trans.xml - these are settings names, descriptions,
categories
strings_trans.xml - these are game text

The current version is r476, which is r464 plus background loading and
hold vibrations settings texts. I have already imported all the old
translations from r464, so you don't need to re-translate stuff if its
already there (you can easily quality-check things with crowdin
though!)

Once most/all of the translations are done and cleaned up, I will
release things as a quick 1.5.5b update since many were complaining
about not being able to change languages. TouchSense still won't be
officially added yet, but the tap-only-on-hit and long-vibrations-on-
hold changes will.

Get translating!

~Keripo

XWing Ace

Apr 25, 2011, 6:25:25 AM4/25/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com
I've signed up, and translated some open phrases. Dutch should be
complete again for now.

But I don't seem to be able to review or approve translations. It
says there are (for instance) 128 items to translate, but the only
ones I see are the ones that weren't translated yet when I started.

How can I review all of them, also to ensure consistency? And if I
later find errors, how do I correct them?

XWA

k.dar...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2011, 8:58:32 AM4/25/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com

To be honest, I am not sure - this is the first time I've used crowdin. Try poking around and if you figure out the steps needed to make the downloaded zip be updated with your new changes, please let everyone know ; )

~ Keripo

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Philip Peng <k.dar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://crowdin.net/p...

XWing Ace

Apr 25, 2011, 2:40:23 PM4/25/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com
The Crowdin site sure doesn't have an easy-to-find FAQ... Well, they
do, but that one doesn't tell me anything at all.

From what I can find online on other sites <a
href="http://support.magneticone.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/433/0/store-manager-translation-guide">(this
is a fairly decent one)</a>, for me to correct and/or approve
translations, I'd need to be a translation supervisor. Who can only be
appointed by the project owner. Consider this my application, I guess.
:-)

XWA

Patrik Selin

Apr 25, 2011, 2:58:19 PM4/25/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com
I've used the Crowdin service a long time. If you want to remove that green thing, so do this:

My Projects -> Click projects -> File Manager -> Add New Files ->
Add the files you want -> Project Page -> Press one of the flag -> Upload -> Press ONLY "Import Duplicates" and then "Upload"

It would also be great if you could give translation supervisor rights each group main translators.

Philip Peng

Apr 25, 2011, 3:09:02 PM4/25/11
to Beats Portable
The "give translation supervisor rights each group main translators"
is the part that I'm being unable to figure out how to do. What does
the interested translator have to do and what do I have to do such
that I or appointed translation supervisors can turn red translations
into green ones?

crowdin does indeed look like a very useful tool, but a manual would
be nice (although its in beta still, so can't ask for too much) ; )

~Keripo

XWing Ace

Apr 25, 2011, 3:26:59 PM4/25/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com
My Google-fu fails me. Badly.

Maybe something <a href="http://crowdin.betaeasy.com/">here</a> can
help? But that mostly seems to be user feedback without many answers.

I really don't think a basic FAQ with these kinds of answers is too
much to ask. Not when the website is set up so very commercially as if
they're actually asking money for this (are they?).

XWA

k.dar...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2011, 4:02:13 PM4/25/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com
This is quite silly. Apparently to approve your translations you either click the "Auto-Approve" checkbox when you upload your xml files or you manually go through the translations and click the green checkbox on the right (or red X on the right) for non-approved translations. This is only available for authorized translators, however, so I made everyone who contributed so far "leaders" for the translations.

On a side note, it doesn't actually seem that translation approval is even necessary as the downloaded zip includes non-approved translations regardless...

~Keripo