[Release] Beats 1.5b-r409 - Testing and Translations

Philip Peng

Feb 14, 2011, 6:58:47 AM2/14/11
to Beats Portable
== Info ==
- Report bugs/oddities/mispellings here
- If you are interested in helping translate Beats, see below
- Include explanations with tweak suggestions
- Post large feature suggestions on the Beats Portable forums
- Check the To-Do list at http://beatsportable.com/todo/

== Install ==
Current revision released in Android Market, uninstall development
build and reinstall official release

== Download ==
http://beatsportable.com/static/releases/beats-1.5b.apk

== Translate ==
If you are interested in translating Beats to a non-English language,
please reply to this thread with translated versions of the following
two files:
http://beatsportable.com/static/testing/arrays_trans-r409.xml
http://beatsportable.com/static/testing/strings-r409.xml

In strings-rXXX.xml: <string name="*blah*">"*translate this*"</string>
In arrays_trans-rXXX.xml: <item>*translate this*</item>
Current translations: English, Italian, Russian, Dutch

== Changes since r405 ==
- a few URL changes
- minor translation fixes
- flattened the W pattern for osu! Mod so its right angles
- increase length of osu! line pattern if rotated diagonally
- fixed early tap osu! bug

== Comments ==
osu! Mod gameplay and auto-play videos released - see main website and
my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TehKeripo
Still need to set up the song posting forum bot so I can upload ~500
new song packs. Anyone familiar with
phpbb3 bot scripting or are willing to volunteer to manually copy-
paste forum posts from text files into new forum threads?

~Keripo

XWing Ace

Feb 14, 2011, 2:12:32 PM2/14/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com
Updated Dutch translations:

http://pastebin.com/RynAzcj2
http://pastebin.com/grr4LFjn

I typoed terribly, so this fixes some of those. I also went a bit more
liberal with translations here and there, hopefully to the benefit of
brevity and actual understandability.

The translations of the accuracy ratings aren't actually used in the
game at the moment. I still see 'Marvellous' and suchlike even though
I have my phone set to 'Dutch' and get the Dutch settings menu and
other texts.

XWA

XWing Ace

Feb 14, 2011, 2:20:22 PM2/14/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com

> The translations of the accuracy ratings aren't actually used in the
> game at the moment. I still see 'Marvellous' and suchlike even though
> I have my phone set to 'Dutch' and get the Dutch settings menu and
> other texts.

Nevermind, I was still playing the dev release. In the market version,
they're there.

XWA

disaster.ita

Feb 14, 2011, 4:28:03 PM2/14/11
to Beats Portable
Xwing, I have the same dubt. But I have choose to translate them also,
except combo.

In this release, I always have the warning that tell me that difficult
is not available, it play writing beginner [7]!
> XWA?

XWing Ace

Feb 14, 2011, 4:38:07 PM2/14/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM, disaster.ita <disast...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Xwing, I have the same dubt. But I have choose to translate them also,
> except combo.

I'd translated the accuracy ratings too, but I didn't see them in the
game until the market release.

> In this release, I always have the warning that tell me that difficult
> is not available, it play writing beginner [7]!

Yeah, I get that too. Apparently regardless of the actual difficulty
I'm playing. The game feels a bit laggier, too, although that might
just be me sucking at playing again.

XWA

k.dar...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2011, 8:44:39 PM2/14/11
to beats-p...@googlegroups.com
Turned out to be a bug on my part when I tried to fix the difficulty display on the game screen. My bad. Has been fixed, as well as a few other small changes:
  • always install sample songs
  • fixed randomize setting check
  • fixed difficulty selection bug for translations
The updated .apk can be found at http://beatsportable.com/static/releases/beats-1.5.1b.apk
I was about to upload it to the Market, however, I received the following from Google:

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM, <android-market...@google.com> wrote:
This is a notification that the application, Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game with package ID edu.upenn.stwing.beats has been removed from Android Market due to a violation of the Developer Content Policy. Please review the Content Policies and Business and Program Policies before you create or upload additional applications. Note that repeated violations may result in a suspension of your Android Market Publisher account.

For more information, or to contact us, please reply to this email, or visit the Android Market Help Center.

Thanks,

The Android Market Team

Sent them an email asking what violated the policy (I'm 100% sure that Beats does not include any illegal content/pornographic material/etc. and all files are original except where credit is given for them). Hope to receive a response soon so I can finish uploading Beats 1.5.1b tonight...

~Keripo

BurdiK

Feb 14, 2011, 11:27:13 PM2/14/11
to Beats Portable

pls wait 4 me :D
http://bit.ly/ihao4S
http://bit.ly/eRgHjM
Just sync'd with new files and fxd one error

disaster.ita

Feb 15, 2011, 1:21:32 PM2/15/11
to Beats Portable
Perhaps the app can't download and install songs?

Similar to kongragate cut off?