How to change the xlim and ylim of ROC plots in an experiment?

Amir Mohammadi

May 15, 2020, 9:24:44 AM5/15/20
to beat-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am going through BEAT's tutorial on:
$ beat exp run test/test/iris/1/iris
I wanted to modify my tutorial experiment a little bit and change the xlim and ylim
of ROC plots.
The plotters/plot/isoroc/1 plotter takes this parameters but I don't know
how to provide these parameters in my experiment.
Could you please let me know how can I change these parameters?

Thank you,
Amir

FT

May 15, 2020, 9:31:52 AM5/15/20
to beat-devel
Hello Amir,

You can do this with the concept of "plotter parameters" we introduced to tweak the plotter's parameters.

Basically you can create whatever template you wish that suits your needs.

Then you can fine tune your ROC plot by selecting the plotter and plotterparameter you wish to have.

Flavio

Amir Mohammadi

May 15, 2020, 10:05:58 AM5/15/20
to beat-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Falvio,

Thank you for your reply.
It's not clear to me how should I use this plotter parameters.

I created one using beat.editor=2 and it validates:
$ beat plotterp check amir/betterroc/1
plotters/plotterparameters/amir/betterroc/1 [ok]
but it does not show up in list. beat plotterp list   outputs nothing.
The edit command cannot find it:
$ beat plotterp edit amir/betterroc/1
Not a valid file: beat.tutorial.prefix/prefix/plotters/plotterparameters/amir/betterroc/1.json
The path that it is looking for is wrong. The file is in:
beat.tutorial.prefix/prefix/plotterparameters/amir/betterroc/1.json

So ignoring the bugs that I have faced so far.
How can I use it? Can it be attached to an experiment?
How do I plot the ROC of my last experiment using these parameters?

Amir

FT

May 15, 2020, 11:02:05 AM5/15/20
to beat-devel
Hi Amir,

It's strange it doesn't show up in with the list command. But effectively the path is wrong.
I don't remember the exact reason why we needed the plotterparameter to be a sub-folder of the plotter when it was implemented in beat.cmdline.
I guess beat editor doesn't take that into account.
Sorry can't reply on that at the moment.

Yes you can attach it to the experiment. I'd have a look at experiments that outputs a plot.

To plot something you can use beat experiments plot [--force] [--remote] [--show] [--outputfolder=<folder>][<name>]
If my memory is correct --show will show you an interactive plot.

FT
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to beat-...@googlegroups.com.