Running a C++ algorithm

Joseph McGrath

Jun 18, 2020, 10:21:17 PM6/18/20
to beat-devel
Is it possible to run an experiment with a C++ algorithm in the local beat environment?

I get an error that "ValueError: source code string cannot contain null bytes", which seems to indicate that the code must be a Python file.

SG

Jun 19, 2020, 4:54:24 AM6/19/20
to beat-devel
Hi,

No, you currently need to use the CXX docker image to execute your C++ algorithm.

Best regards
SG

Joseph McGrath

Jun 19, 2020, 10:32:22 AM6/19/20
to beat-devel
I have the C++ algorithm working within the experiment, but I think there is other setup needed to make sure the entire experiment will run when using "beat exp run --docker".

How do I create a docker image for the database to use? The database functions correctly when running locally, but there isn't an image for it to use when I run on docker.

Thanks,
Joe