Fork option not present

Aman Verma

Feb 12, 2023, 3:41:22 PM2/12/23
to beat-devel
Hi: I have recently joined BEAT platform, but it is not showing option to fork an experiment. My username is 'amanv2307'. I am attaching a screenshot of the bug being faced.

Regards
Aman VermaBEAT_Error.png

SG

Feb 13, 2023, 5:56:31 AM2/13/23
to beat-devel
Hi,

In its latest incarnation, the platform has moved its edition capabilities back to the user machine so one could more easily iterate on its development cycle before submitting to the platform.

You have two options from here:
- beat.cmdline
- beat.editor

The former allows you to do the usual operations from the command line (pull, fork, push, create new objects, create new versions of objects). Note that available operations depend on the asset you want to work with.
The latter is a GUI that helps you visualize and edit (again, when it applies) BEAT assets.

Both can be installed using conda or pip.

If you would like to run experiments in the same condition as on the platform, you will also need Docker.

Best regards

SG