Error with operator for birthDeath.sampleProbability

BLANCA MARÍA ROJAS ANDRÉS

Jun 24, 2024, 2:26:36 PM (7 days ago) Jun 24
to beast-users
Hello,

I generated a BEAST XML file in BEAUti to date a phylogeny using fossils and I selected a Birth-Death model with incomplete sampling. However, I get the following error when I try to run BEAST:

"SEVERE: Parsing error - poorly formed BEAST file, Ruagea_Biogeo_Red3.xml:
Error parsing '<scaleOperator>' element with id, 'null':
Scale operator can only be used on parameters with an infinite upper or lower bound (use a RandomWalk) (birthDeath.sampleProbability)

Error thrown at: dr.inferencexml.operators.ScaleOperatorParser.parseXMLObject(Unknown Source)"

I understand that, for the parameter birthDeath.sampleProbability, I need to change the operator from scale to RandomWalk. However, when I go to the Operators Tab, I cannot change the type of Operator, so I don't know how to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Best regards,
Blanca

BLANCA MARÍA ROJAS ANDRÉS

Jun 25, 2024, 2:09:28 PM (6 days ago) Jun 25
to beast-users
Hi again,

I forgot to mention that I am using BEAST v1.10.4. Here is the xml file, just in case is useful to track the problem.

Thanks again for any help!

Best regards,
Blanca