Problems with Bactrian scheduler java.lang.RuntimeException: Input 102: type mismatch for input parameter

Pavel Rinkman

Apr 26, 2022, 2:22:24 PM4/26/22
to beast-users
Hello, everyone!

I tried to use Bactrian operators for my analysis through exchanging the scheduler. When I replaced
<operatorschedule id="OperatorSchedule" spec="OperatorSchedule"/>
with
<operatorschedule id="BactrianOperatorSchedule_" spec="BactrianOperatorSchedule"/>
I got the next error message:
replacing RateACScaler.s:test with BactrianScaleOperator
replacing RateAGScaler.s:test with BactrianScaleOperator
replacing RateCGScaler.s:test with BactrianScaleOperator
replacing RateGTScaler.s:test with BactrianScaleOperator
replacing gammaShapeScaler.s:test with BactrianScaleOperator
replacing RateCTScaler.s:test with BactrianScaleOperator
replacing proportionInvariantScaler.s:test with BactrianScaleOperator
replacing ucldMeanScaler.c:geo with BactrianScaleOperator
replacing CategoriesUniform.c:geo with BactrianIntervalOperator
java.lang.RuntimeException: Input 102: type mismatch for input parameter
        at beast.core.Input.setValue(Unknown Source)
        at beast.core.BEASTInterface.setInputValue(Unknown Source)
        at beast.core.BEASTInterface.initByName(Unknown Source)
        at beast.evolution.operators.BactrianOperatorSchedule.initialiseOperator(Unknown Source)
        at beast.evolution.operators.BactrianOperatorSchedule.addOperator(Unknown Source)
        at beast.core.MCMC.initAndValidate(Unknown Source)
        at beast.util.XMLParser.initBEASTObjects(Unknown Source)
        at beast.util.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at beast.util.XMLParser.parseFile(Unknown Source)
        at beast.app.BeastMCMC.parseArgs(Unknown Source)
        at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
        at beast.app.beastapp.BeastLauncher.run(Unknown Source)
        at beast.app.beastapp.BeastLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Error 110 parsing the xml input file

validate and intialize error: Input 102: type mismatch for input parameter

Error detected about here:
  <beast>
      <run id='mcmc' spec='MCMC'>
First time I thought that this is caused by the fact that I tried to resume existing analysis but the clean run gave the same message. What could be the problem? Please could you give me any hints?
Used packages: BEASTLabs, GEO_SPHERE

Thankful in advance!
Best regards,

Remco Bouckaert

May 9, 2022, 9:04:53 PM5/9/22
to beast...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavel,

Unfortunately, this is a bug in the BactrianOperatorSchedule. I put in a fix in the code, so it will be available in the next BEASTLabs release.

For now, you need to use the standard OperatorSchedule for this analysis. You can still benefit from the Bactrian operators by editing the XML and replacing the ’spec’ attributes of operators with their Bactrian equivalent (see list below) but be careful with the Uniform operator.

Cheers,

Remco

 ScaleOperator => BactrianScaleOperator
 RealRandomWalkOperator => BactrianRandomWalkOperator
 Uniform => BactrianNodeOperator
 UniformOperator        => BactrianIntervalOperator
 DeltaExchangeOperator => BactrianDeltaExchangeOperator
 TipDatesRandomWalker => BactrianTipDatesRandomWalker
 UpDownOperator => BactrianUpDownOperator
 SubtreeSlide => BactrianSubtreeSlide

Pavel Rinkman

May 10, 2022, 11:10:14 AM5/10/22
to beast-users