Calibration

Jaiane Oliveira

Mar 24, 2024, 2:43:57 PMMar 24
to beast-users
Hi please someone help me. How do I estimate the divergence time using the BEAST v.2.7 program with calibrated dating with a cytochrome b (cytb) substitution rate of 2.1% per million years? Applying a normal distribution with a mean value of 0.0105 and a sigma of 0.0034 to the prior clock.rate of the cytochrome b (cytb) gene. This analysis is for a genus of birds.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-23 at 4.54.04 PM.jpeg

Omar Mejía

Mar 25, 2024, 6:25:40 PMMar 25
to beast...@googlegroups.com
You need to set the substitution rate in the clock model tab, after you run Beast you need to estimate the consensus tree and open with Figtree where you were able to see the divergence times in each node, there is a tutorial named taming the beast

El dom, 24 mar 2024 a las 12:43, Jaiane Oliveira (<jjoj...@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi please someone help me. How do I estimate the divergence time using the BEAST v.2.7 program with calibrated dating with a cytochrome b (cytb) substitution rate of 2.1% per million years? Applying a normal distribution with a mean value of 0.0105 and a sigma of 0.0034 to the prior clock.rate of the cytochrome b (cytb) gene. This analysis is for a genus of birds.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-23 at 4.54.04 PM.jpeg

Omar Mejía G

Jaiane Oliveira

Mar 26, 2024, 10:21:30 PMMar 26
to beast...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for helping. I'll read the tutorial. Thank you.

--
Jaiane Oliveira
Graduação em Ciências Biológicas UFMT

Carolina Gonzalez

Jun 3, 2024, 6:09:53 PMJun 3
to beast-users
Hello, could you?
I still have doubts since I don't know where to put the substitution rate in a relaxed clock.

Pedro Augusto Freire de Sá Pontes

Jun 3, 2024, 6:19:28 PMJun 3
to beast...@googlegroups.com
ORCrate

Enviado via UCSMail.

Carolina Gonzalez

Jun 3, 2024, 6:26:56 PMJun 3
to beast...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much but I get this Cannot invoke "beast.base.evolution.tree.Node.isRoot()" because "<parameter1>" is null. Do you know of any specific tutorial with a relaxed rate and clock?
Saludos

Dra. Carolina González , PhD
Investigador Postdoctoral, Instituto Milenio de Oceanografía
Celular :+56965791248

Pedro Augusto Freire de Sá Pontes

Jun 3, 2024, 6:32:51 PMJun 3
to beast...@googlegroups.com
Sure! But I recommend you to use BEAST2.

Enviado via UCSMail.