LewisMk in BEAST 2?

Nick Matzke

Nov 4, 2013, 2:55:41 PM11/4/13
to beast...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have been playing with BEAST 2.0, and it seems to be
working well. However, there seems to be no comprehensive
XML reference like there is for BEAST 1.x.

So, I am wondering -- is there a LewisMk model or anything
equivalent in BEAST 2?

If this doesn't exist, how hard would it be to implement? I
see the instructions for making a module for a new
substitution model:

http://www.beast2.org/wiki/index.php/Writing_an_Add-on

Should I explore that, or is someone already doing/has done
this?

Cheers!
Nick

Nicholas J. Matzke, Ph.D.
NIMBioS Postdoctoral Fellow in Mathematical Biology
National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis
(NIMBioS, www.nimbios.org)
Cell: 510-301-0179
Email: mat...@nimbios.org
Links to CV, R packages, etc.:
http://phylo.wikidot.com/nicholas-j-matzke

Also: Brian O'Meara Lab
Postdoc office: 425a Hesler
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
http://www.brianomeara.info/

NIMBioS Office:
Claxton Bldg. #110B
Office phone: 865-974-4873

NIMBioS:
1122 Volunteer Blvd., Suite 106
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-3410
Phone: (865) 974-9334
Fax: (865) 974-9300

"[W]hen people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong.
When people thought the earth was spherical, they were
wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical
is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your
view is wronger than both of them put together."

Isaac Asimov (1989). "The Relativity of Wrong." The
Skeptical Inquirer, 14(1), 35-44. Fall 1989.
http://chem.tufts.edu/AnswersInScience/RelativityofWrong.htm

Denise

Oct 19, 2017, 2:49:33 PM10/19/17
to beast-users
Hi Nick,

I just came across your question when wondering about the same thing and although you were asking years ago, I thought I'd share that the Lewis Mk model has been implemented (by Sasha Gavryushkina) in BEAST2 in the meantime, in the morph-models package:

Best

Denise