Difficulty in interpreting TempEST output

Sakshi Kamboj

Nov 30, 2021, 12:00:47 PM11/30/21
to beast-users
Hi all

I am trying to assess the temporal structure of my sequence data (95 sequences) using TempEST. For this, I used IQ-Tree for reconstructing the phylogenetic tree file and provided as input to TempEST as suggested in TempEST tutorial but my results show negative correlation with the values:

Date range 19
Slope (rate) -0.0002
X-Intercept (TMRCA) 2494.8607
Correlation Coefficient -0.0096
R squared 9.3007E-5
Residual Mean Squared 2.0857E-2

After Best-fitting the root:

Date range  19
Slope (rate)  -0.0001
X-Intercept (TMRCA)  4360.2931
Correlation Coefficient  -0.0622
R squared  3.8652E-3
Residual Mean Squared  2.0068E-4

Can anyone help me to interpret my result?
I want to carry out phylodynamic analysis on this sequence data but right now it is rendered not suitable for the same. I am new in this field. Kindly help me.

Hoping for positive response

Sakshi

Brandon Stark

Dec 20, 2021, 4:59:08 AM12/20/21