BEAST suddenly cannot find BEAGLE library anymore

msrigyan

Mar 5, 2023, 1:48:23 PM3/5/23
to beast-users
Hi all,

I have been running BEAST successfully on my university's server since few weeks but today it is suddenly returning error messages saying that it fails to find beagle libraries:

Failed to load BEAGLE library: no hmsbeagle-jni in java.library.path:[/path/to/BEAST/lib, /usr/local/lib, /path/to/beagle-lib/java/beagle

BEAGLE not installed/found

I have not changed anything in my environment or paths, so I cannot figure out what happened suddenly. I tried the solution on the FAQs page that suggests using the full path of the java -jar /path/to/library and also tried specifying the -beagle flag when running beast but no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Megha

Erika Sipos

Mar 28, 2023, 1:17:01 PM3/28/23
to beast-users
I have been encountering the same problem - would love to hear if you figured out how to fix this!