monophyletic out groups in dating tree

maryam almasi

Apr 18, 2022, 2:50:05 PM4/18/22
to beast-users
Hi all,
I am using Beast V.1.10.4 for divergence time analysis. I think there is a problem with the resulted tree: the outgroups which are monophyletic in previous phylogenetic studies  are placed as sister groups in final tree. let me explain more, assume A as a monophyletic group while B is its outer group and monophyletic. these tow groups, A and B, place as sister group in my dating tree.  it could be considered as a  defect in  my analysis? how can I fix it?
*I am sure about my alignment because i did a Bayesian analysis with same data set and the outgroups are placed as monophyletic  groups.

thanks for helping.

Artem B

May 2, 2022, 5:09:03 AM5/2/22
to beast-users
Hello!
Can you please provide the figure? Since a sister group is the same as
an outgroup.

Best wishes,
Artem
вторник, 19 апреля 2022 г. в 02:50:05 UTC+8, asal...@gmail.com: