Any release for Beanio 3.0?

Gilberto Caetano de Andrade

Jan 16, 2020, 11:59:14 AM1/16/20
to beanio-users
Hi! Hope everyone is well!

I'm Gilberto and the first time here. I'm investigating BeanIO for internal use (I'm from Brazil and work for the Tocantins state), but can not find any new release, just the old one from here https://code.google.com/archive/p/beanio/downloads .
A see this repository https://github.com/kevinseim/beanio , but there I cant find any release either.

The project is active?

Regards,

Gilberto Caetano de Andrade

Nico Schlebusch

Jan 27, 2020, 4:59:32 PM1/27/20
to bea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gilberto,

There isn't really any active development of the project at the moment. It is a very good library for reading and writing data files with various layouts and to convert between formats.

You can find the latest release (Ver 2.1.0) from the Maven repository - https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.beanio

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Nico Schlebusch

Gilberto Caetano de Andrade

Jan 28, 2020, 8:58:23 AM1/28/20
to beanio-users
Hi, Nico!

Em segunda-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2020 18:59:32 UTC-3, Nico Schlebusch escreveu:
Hi Gilberto,

There isn't really any active development of the project at the moment. It is a very good library for reading and writing data files with various layouts and to convert between formats.

I know, I've heard good recommendations about it!

You can find the latest release (Ver 2.1.0) from the Maven repository - https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.beanio

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

I saw commits in the https://github.com/kevinseim/beanio repository which fixes some issues and that there are several forks of it as well - so, I think the patched project is being used massively.
Do you think is possible to make release?

Thank you!

Gilberto

Kind regards,
Nico Schlebusch

On 2020/01/16 18:59, Gilberto Caetano de Andrade wrote:
Hi! Hope everyone is well!

I'm Gilberto and the first time here. I'm investigating BeanIO for internal use (I'm from Brazil and work for the Tocantins state), but can not find any new release, just the old one from here https://code.google.com/archive/p/beanio/downloads .
A see this repository https://github.com/kevinseim/beanio , but there I cant find any release either.

The project is active?

Regards,

Gilberto Caetano de Andrade

Nico Schlebusch

Jan 28, 2020, 9:22:43 AM1/28/20
to bea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gilberto

Unfortunately I'm not the owner of the project and don't have access to build a release.

Kind regards,
Nico Schlebusch

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beanio/8a708e4a-ed85-43ef-a136-3bb5fe7b8520%40googlegroups.com.

Gilberto Caetano de Andrade

Jan 28, 2020, 9:47:53 AM1/28/20
to beanio-users

Em terça-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2020 11:22:43 UTC-3, Nico Schlebusch escreveu:
Hi Gilberto

Unfortunately I'm not the owner of the project and don't have access to build a release.

Yes, it is an infelicity!

The @kevinseim could help in some way?

Bastien Jansen

Feb 12, 2020, 8:56:15 AM2/12/20
to beanio-users
Hi there.

I have a few additional questions:

- what's the official repository? (I guess it's still https://github.com/kevinseim/beanio, although it looks like Kevin is not active on GitHub anymore)
- who owns/participates in https://github.com/beanio/beanio?
- who is able to publish new artifacts on Central (while keeping the same Maven coordinates)?
- if I were to contribute new features or bug fixes, would someone be able to (or willing to) merge them and publish a new version?

BeanIO is certainly a great tool, but the apparent lack of maintainers/support makes it harder to use the library in a corporate project. One could certainly fork the project and fix things on their side, but it would be preferable to identify one or more official maintainers that can publish "official" releases.

Bastien

Gilberto Caetano de Andrade

Feb 17, 2020, 7:24:56 AM2/17/20
to beanio-users
Hello, everybody!

Em quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2020 10:56:15 UTC-3, Bastien Jansen escreveu:
Hi there.

I have a few additional questions:

- what's the official repository? (I guess it's still https://github.com/kevinseim/beanio, although it looks like Kevin is not active on GitHub anymore)
- who owns/participates in https://github.com/beanio/beanio?

Good questions, Bastien!! That resolution (make one repository official and update it accordingly) would greatly improve the project's visibility!

jansen....@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2021, 4:44:06 PM3/11/21
to beanio-users
All right, I have good news. I offered my help to maintainers of both repositories. The person who created the 'beanio' GitHub org accepted, and I'm now a maintainer at https://github.com/beanio/beanio!

So, to answer my own questions:

- I'm trying to make https://github.com/beanio/beanio the official (active) repo for BeanIO v3
- ATM I'm the only active maintainer, help is welcome. I've commented on issues and PRs at kevinseim/beanio to ask people come over the new repo and re-submit their work.
- I'll be able to push on Maven Central, but with new Maven coordinates: the groupId will change to `com.github.beanio`. Package names will stay the same, BeanIO v3 will be pretty much a drop-in replacement except for the groupId.
- yes

Kleber Ayala

Mar 11, 2021, 4:46:06 PM3/11/21
to bea...@googlegroups.com
Amazing! BeanIO is a very useful stuff!!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beanio/4ac6f795-c7bf-450b-bde6-dd8f24815e43n%40googlegroups.com.

Gilberto

Mar 12, 2021, 11:17:05 AM3/12/21
to bea...@googlegroups.com
Yes, excellent Bastien! I will try to help as well!!

Gilberto

Mar 12, 2021, 11:21:20 AM3/12/21
to bea...@googlegroups.com
What is the problem with the org.beanio group id? This change can cause some problems, no?

Regards,
Gilberto