"How To Get Over Like A Fat Rat On A Piece Of Cheese Selling Beanie Babies Online"

beani...@hotmail.com

Sep 6, 2006, 2:17:45 PM9/6/06
to Beanie Babies
"How To Get Over Like A Fat Rat On A Piece Of Cheese Selling Beanie
Babies Online"

This article exposes some of the the practices of reputable and
respected online Secondary Beanie Baby Dealers using Beanie Bait to
make cash from unsuspecting buyers. For the most part when you order
Beanies from reputable dealers, you eventually get what you paid for,
sooner or later. However, there are times when a Beanie might become
scarce or unavailable. What happens then? Do you get a refund?

I could say 100% of the time, the dealer will not even mention your
order. If you don't keep track when you place the order, that's your
hard luck, because the dealers just keep your money and their mouths
shut. You wioll not receive a notice and you will not receive a refund
and unles you notice it, the incident will fade away from your pockets
to theirs, as if you had given a gift away.

Presales are offered and immediate payment is required if you don't
want to miss out. When you don't receive your Beanie, it's Ty's fault,
they didn't hip or whatever. The lack of customer service however
cannot be blamed on Ty. Ty didn't take your money. The secondary dealer
has it. Good luck getting it back though, they take money in and don't
like very much to give it back. Some will give you store credit. Then
you get to start all over again. No interest is earned on your money
having been held for in some cases over a year!

45 Days, What is the significance? The 45 days often ststed that you
would have to wait are blamed on the act that the item is a pre sell
and will not be available for 45 days. The realreason however is that
after 45 days, you can't get a refund. For an example, Paypal and Ebay
have limits to the time between a purchase and opening a dispute for
non recept. The 45 days keeps your money in the secondary dealer's
pocket.

Getting back to substituting a new order for an unreceived order, your
new order might also never arrive! On one occasion I purchased items
from cindysbeans.com when they were first introduced. That was back
when Starlight came out. The name changed and a second starlight was
introduced, Later the buddy stardust was introduced. hen the items were
not received, I had to prove my purchases through my own records. I was
told that I had not purchased the more expensive of the two but had
purchased the buddy who had not even been out yet at that time. Many
emails later back and forth. The purchases were established, only store
credit was given, no refunds, and subsequently the replacement items
were received.<BR><BR>
When the first Great Big Hugz came out, I purchased him from a
secondary dealer who decided after the purchase to raidse the price of
the bear as well as the shipping. I insisted that the item price and
charges shopuld not change after an offer was already posted, accepted
and paid for. Eventually Great Big Hugzz made it home according to the
original purchase price.

Last year, I purchased Senna, McDonalds UK Beanies and The Asian Set
with the Flag Noses from a Secondary Dealer. This Dealer never
acknowledged or contacted me to say the item would never be received.
The same thing had happened with this dealer when the Teenie Beanie
Bopper Suntory Sungoliath was introduced. Hush, maybe the buyer will
never notice! I am only one person. The money that is being racked up
with this kind of practice must be phenominal! . The original charges
for a set of Flag Nosed Beanies was $149.99 plus shipping. Senna with
Brown Pads was offered for $39.99 plus shipping and the UK Teenie set
was offered for $29.99 pluss shipping. These items were sold nearly one
year ago. If I never mentioned not receiving them, the dealer never
would either.

This Dealer I expected might not want to refund so I requested
replacements. The replacements were never sent either and some were in
fact seen being offered as extra sets later! I have given up on
replacements and just want a refund. Instead of issuing a refund, the
dealer has sent many of you emails after my request, asking for patiene
in suffering the loss of a family member. I immediately responded point
out that I too had a closer loss, see the link above at the top of this
site to the Memorial.

The dealer continues making sales and someone must be buying so I don't
see why a refund is so impossible. I hope that this dealer does the
right thing. If he does, I will be the first to post my praise for his
actions. Much of this has put a damper on my Beanie Collecting. It is
difficult to spend hard to come by money on items never received and
not being able to keep the collection up to date. It is bad enough to
bid and pay on EBay and never get an item without having reputable
secondary dealers with their hands in your other pocket.

Sure, most of the items you order arrive. Watch out though for the
items that never reach your door. You can be assured of one thing, your
money WAS received as payment. That didn't get lost! I hope to have a
positive and happy follow up to this article when I post on this
subject again. The next article title will be either "Giving Credit
Where Credit is Due" or "Naming Names". Meanwhile, keep your receipts,
email and electronic records of purchases on file for whatever they are
worth!

Did you get My Collection Software for your Beanie Baby Collection yet?
It's always up to date and you can easily pdate it youself with built
in instructions!

Get My Collection for Yor Collection Today!

http://thebeanienews.com/Page19.html