Closing multiple accounts in one shot.

Bman Q

Mar 12, 2023, 10:02:49 AM3/12/23
to Beancount
Title, i have 20+ accounts i want to close

2018-04-01 open Expenses:Business:DivA:Hosting
2018-04-01 open Expenses:Business:DivA:Contractors
2018-04-01 open Expenses:Business:DivA:OfficeSupplies

Is there a way to close them all in one shot? like
2023-03-01 close Expenses:Business:DivA:*

Martin Blais

Mar 12, 2023, 12:48:41 PM3/12/23
to bean...@googlegroups.com
No.

Stefano Mihai Canta

Mar 12, 2023, 4:18:30 PM3/12/23
to bean...@googlegroups.com

Martin Blais

Mar 12, 2023, 9:34:47 PM3/12/23
to bean...@googlegroups.com
Nice plugin!  Should be part of the core.

Red S

Mar 15, 2023, 1:23:18 PM3/15/23
to Beancount
Happy to make it a part of the core. Would you like me to submit a pull request?

Martin Blais

Mar 15, 2023, 4:11:42 PM3/15/23
to Beancount
Sgtm!
You can make it part of v2
Will bubble it down to v3
Then you Red!

Red S

Mar 16, 2023, 4:37:18 AM3/16/23
to Beancount
Of course, and pull request sent.

Caveats:
- I couldn't get pytest to run in that repo.
- the tests have been failing before my commit. I can look into that whenever I have the time next (could be days) if you don't already know what the issue is

Docs:
- It looks like this doc page is auto generated from the plugin's docstring, which I've added.
- This plugin needs to be added to either the core list here or the experimental list for v3

-Red

Martin Blais

Apr 30, 2023, 5:37:47 PM4/30/23
to bean...@googlegroups.com