[ANNOUNCE] BeanDesk: Read-only GAAP financial desktop & workbench for Beancount / Fava

38 views
Skip to first unread message

Daniel Wu

unread,
Oct 3, 2026, 1:05:49 AM (8 days ago) Oct 3
to Beancount

Hi everyone,

I’d like to share a project I’ve been working on: BeanDesk, a local-first desktop client and workbench designed to pair directly with Fava and Beancount.

While Beancount is great for maintaining plain-text ledgers, I often needed standardized, audit-ready financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow) without setting up heavy custom report scripts or database backends.

Key highlights:

  • Zero custom backend or database: Connects directly to Fava via Tauri 2’s native HTTP layer, bypassing browser CORS issues.
  • Pure-function Cash Flow statement: Categorizes operating, investing, and financing cash flows purely based on account open metadata.
  • Process supervisor: Optionally manages your local Fava process group (checks port, spawns on demand, terminates on exit).
  • Lightweight desktop client: Built with Tauri 2, React 19, and Vite. Cross-platform installers available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.
  • Read-only & safe: Never modifies your ledger files.

It is completely free and open-source under AGPL-3.0.

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/SuperDaniel-cn/BeanDesk

I would love to get your thoughts, suggestions, and feedback!

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages