Looking for Etrade download/import

Max Tower

Dec 2, 2022, 9:01:23 PM12/2/22
to Beancount
Can anyone point me in the right direction for downloading or importing transactions from Etrade brokerage. It appears that folks are able to do this through ofxget or gnucash, but I haven't seen a real straightforward example with the syntax I need to perform the download.

Red S

Dec 3, 2022, 11:33:43 PM12/3/22
to Beancount
Red's Importers supports etrade, including direct download.

I'm the author and can confirm it works. Let me know if you have issues.

Max Tower

Dec 4, 2022, 10:26:33 PM12/4/22
to Beancount

Yes, I am making progress with your excellent importers on CSV, but for etrade OFX, I did not know how to change this block to work for etrade:
[fidelity]
type = ofxget
cmd = %(ofx_pre)s <your_username> \
--useragent randomstring \
--password $(pass financial/fidelity) \
fidelity \
-i <accnum1> \
-i <accnum2> \
> %(downloads_dir)s/fidelity.ofx

Red S

Dec 5, 2022, 12:27:13 AM12/5/22
to Beancount
First, try this command in the command line to ensure it works:
ofxget stmt --nokeyring -u <your_username> etrade -i XXXX-XXXX

Then, use this:
[DEFAULT]
ofx_pre = pass show dummy > /dev/null; ofxget stmt --nokeyring -u
downloads_dir = ~/Downloads

[etrade]
type = investment
cmd = %(ofx_pre)s <your_username> \
     --password $(pass beancount/etrade) etrade -i XXXX-XXXX \
     > %(downloads_dir)s/etrade.ofx

Max Tower

Dec 20, 2022, 11:41:23 PM12/20/22
to Beancount
Thanks Red!
This code snippet works for me. Are there any good resources to obtain ofxget commands for other institutions? I think I can convert them to the importer format now.

Red S

Dec 21, 2022, 7:12:16 PM12/21/22
to Beancount
Cool!

"ofxget --help" provides comprehensive documentation, and tells you everything you'll need.

Max Tower

Jan 2, 2024, 7:21:29 AMJan 2
to Beancount

Red,

Do you happen to have the same command for td ameritrade that works with ofxget?

I tried the same setup I am using with etrade, but it is giving me a login error.

Red S

Jan 4, 2024, 2:32:23 AMJan 4
to Beancount
It should be the same thing. I checked it in here. I have no idea if they pulled support for it recently. Perhaps ask in the ofxget github page?