beancount-import matching across include directives

Timothy Jesionowski

Jul 16, 2024, 10:15:09 PM (6 days ago) Jul 16
to bean...@googlegroups.com
I've been adjusting my workflow to use beancount-import's webUI for reconciliation and expense categorization. One thing I'm noticing is that it isn't always matching transactions I have in sub-ledgers that are "include"ed. Try as I might, I can't find any documentation around this.

What should always happen for these old transactions is that it finds the matching transaction in whichever beancount file and proposes a merged transaction and an in-place edit to that file. This already works sometimes, but often it does not and the suggestion is to place a duplicate transaction in the default_output argument of beancount_import.webserver.main which is incorrect.

Is there some metadata I should be providing to either the data source or the webserver that would tell it to follow includes?

Sincerely,
Timothy Jesionowski