Indonesian beancounters?

Tony Xiao

Mar 9, 2022, 9:34:52 AM3/9/22
to Digest recipients
Hey folks,

Anyone in beancount from Indonesia or SE Asia? I found a nice telegram group for Beancount users in China and was wondering if there is something similar for SE Asia. Would love to trade tips and  collaborate on data import and automation scripts for various banking and financial institutions here.

Tony

---
Tony

Sent via Superhuman

Justus Pendleton

Mar 12, 2022, 7:51:21 AM3/12/22
to Beancount
I'm in SE Asia but I'm not sure that me being in Vietnam helps you much. Overall I'd say that if you can speak English, there's no reason not to just have conversations on this list. It isn't like it is a high traffic list and there's already been plenty of non-American posters over the years (admittedly, mostly Europeans from what I can tell).

Unfortunately I don't have a lot to contribute because all of my banks in Vietnam offer -- at BEST -- a PDF download so I do manual entry. Some of them don't even offer that and I have to resort to using the browser's "print to PDF" from my account screen. My credit card doesn't even have a way to get a statement online. I have to wait for them to email it to me every month. In some ways banking is very advanced here -- we've had <5 minute bank transfers to personal accounts for a decade and lots of businesses accept payment that way. In other ways, it is still very behind the curve.