Replace portion of posting

William Bean

Dec 22, 2022, 7:01:16 PM12/22/22
to bean...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to replace a portion of a posting (e.g. change just the units)? I found this code in one of the plugins for doing just that with metadata:
                    posting = posting._replace(meta=meta)

However, that doesn't seem to work with other parts of the posting such as the units. Is it possible to do that? Right now I've been creating a posting from scratch and just using that, but that seems like overkill.

Martin Blais

Dec 23, 2022, 6:18:01 AM12/23/22
to Beancount
It should work the same.