Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
Beancount
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
Beancount
Contact owners and managers
1–30 of 1995
This is a mailing-list for discussions about command-line accounting and the Beancount software (
http://furius.ca/beancount
).
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Oon-Ee Ng
, …
Chary Ev2geny
8
Oct 5
Beancount editor recommendation (moving away from emacs)
So... what beancount plugins are available for vim? I found vim-beancount which hasn't been
unread,
Beancount editor recommendation (moving away from emacs)
So... what beancount plugins are available for vim? I found vim-beancount which hasn't been
Oct 5
Daniel Wu
Oct 3
[ANNOUNCE] BeanDesk: Read-only GAAP financial desktop & workbench for Beancount / Fava
Hi everyone, I'd like to share a project I've been working on: BeanDesk, a local-first
unread,
[ANNOUNCE] BeanDesk: Read-only GAAP financial desktop & workbench for Beancount / Fava
Hi everyone, I'd like to share a project I've been working on: BeanDesk, a local-first
Oct 3
Simon Michael
,
John Wiegley
4
Sep 27
PTA app benchmarks
>>>>> "'MvL" == 'Simon Michael' via Ledger <ledger-cli@
unread,
PTA app benchmarks
>>>>> "'MvL" == 'Simon Michael' via Ledger <ledger-cli@
Sep 27
Patrick Ruckstuhl
,
senorsmile
3
Sep 26
Fava Extension for Natural Language Queries
Hi, I'm not sure how well it will work. Potentially by training it for this, you might get worse
unread,
Fava Extension for Natural Language Queries
Hi, I'm not sure how well it will work. Potentially by training it for this, you might get worse
Sep 26
SomeCallMeTim
Sep 23
Total cost practicalities with the booking algorithm
I have been slowly migrating my record keeping to beancount and ran into some practical issues with
unread,
Total cost practicalities with the booking algorithm
I have been slowly migrating my record keeping to beancount and ran into some practical issues with
Sep 23
SomeCallMeTim
,
Chary Ev2geny
4
Sep 22
Multi-currency investments and Section 988 gains
Following up on this. Thanks for the suggestion from Chary Ev2geny, I decided to tackle the problem
unread,
Multi-currency investments and Section 988 gains
Following up on this. Thanks for the suggestion from Chary Ev2geny, I decided to tackle the problem
Sep 22
Patrick Ruckstuhl
, …
Martin Blais
4
Sep 19
Trained Ollama model for Beancount Query Language
This is cool. Added to contribs index. Thank you for sharing, On Fri, Sep 18, 2026 at 7:39 PM '
unread,
Trained Ollama model for Beancount Query Language
This is cool. Added to contribs index. Thank you for sharing, On Fri, Sep 18, 2026 at 7:39 PM '
Sep 19
Andrea Vidali
, …
Andrew Bell
6
Sep 15
Balance for each account for each month
I think the issue is related to how the query groups and calculates the last balance for each account
unread,
Balance for each account for each month
I think the issue is related to how the query groups and calculates the last balance for each account
Sep 15
Chary Chary
, …
kim wexler
15
Sep 15
beanquery to get net worth at certain date
Your query looks solid for net worth calculation. For a more standard approach, you might consider
unread,
beanquery to get net worth at certain date
Your query looks solid for net worth calculation. For a more standard approach, you might consider
Sep 15
Simon Michael
,
John Wiegley
4
Sep 4
plaintextaccounting project finance, and how you can help
On Thu, Sep 3, 2026, at 09:13, Simon Michael wrote: > 👍 I'll add more links like this at >
unread,
plaintextaccounting project finance, and how you can help
On Thu, Sep 3, 2026, at 09:13, Simon Michael wrote: > 👍 I'll add more links like this at >
Sep 4
opti...@gmail.com
, …
Teck Pei Ting (Xeraph)
7
Aug 31
Problem Install Fava on Windows 10 (virtualenv)
I just realised my pixi.toml is bloated, use this instead: [workspace] channels = ["conda-forge
unread,
Problem Install Fava on Windows 10 (virtualenv)
I just realised my pixi.toml is bloated, use this instead: [workspace] channels = ["conda-forge
Aug 31
Logic-gate
Aug 4
Beancount Plugin For Graptos
I originally posted this on Github discussions(https://github.com/beancount/beancount/discussions/
unread,
Beancount Plugin For Graptos
I originally posted this on Github discussions(https://github.com/beancount/beancount/discussions/
Aug 4
Martin Blais
,
Jason Chu
2
Aug 2
Resolving unknown transactions from memos
I've returned to my beancount ledger after a 2 year hiatus. I'm building an entire workflow
unread,
Resolving unknown transactions from memos
I've returned to my beancount ledger after a 2 year hiatus. I'm building an entire workflow
Aug 2
Stefano Merlo
, …
Paul Schumacher
8
Jul 20
Germany taxes: calculation of yearly "lump sum on unrealized capital gains" (Vorabpauschale)
I ended up writing a Python module that guides the user in filling the income declaration for tax
unread,
Germany taxes: calculation of yearly "lump sum on unrealized capital gains" (Vorabpauschale)
I ended up writing a Python module that guides the user in filling the income declaration for tax
Jul 20
nug get
Jul 19
drnuke-bean: v3 upgrade arrived
Hi beancount community I finally found the time to upgrade the drnuke-bean github package for
unread,
drnuke-bean: v3 upgrade arrived
Hi beancount community I finally found the time to upgrade the drnuke-bean github package for
Jul 19
Simon Guest
, …
Martin Blais
9
Jul 12
Is AI slop killing the Beancount community?
On Sun, Jul 12, 2026, 22:08 Stefano Zacchiroli <za...@upsilon.cc> wrote: That maximizes the
unread,
Is AI slop killing the Beancount community?
On Sun, Jul 12, 2026, 22:08 Stefano Zacchiroli <za...@upsilon.cc> wrote: That maximizes the
Jul 12
John
,
Simon Michael
2
Jul 7
Re: [ANN] beancount-openbanking-io — beangulp importer for EEA/UK banks (PSD2, client side decryption)
Hi John, I too found your How It Works doc underwhelming. So I'm glad people are digging into it
unread,
Re: [ANN] beancount-openbanking-io — beangulp importer for EEA/UK banks (PSD2, client side decryption)
Hi John, I too found your How It Works doc underwhelming. So I'm glad people are digging into it
Jul 7
John Frandsen
, …
C
12
Jul 6
[ANN] beancount-openbanking-io — beangulp importer for EEA/UK banks (PSD2, client-side decryption)
Hi C, Thanks for actually reading the code and the spec — that's more than most people do, and
unread,
[ANN] beancount-openbanking-io — beangulp importer for EEA/UK banks (PSD2, client-side decryption)
Hi C, Thanks for actually reading the code and the spec — that's more than most people do, and
Jul 6
Chary Ev2geny
, …
Justus Pendleton
9
Jun 21
Interactive beanquery manual based on marimo notebook
Dear all, this is to let you know, that I have explored more of the AI functionality, which happened
unread,
Interactive beanquery manual based on marimo notebook
Dear all, this is to let you know, that I have explored more of the AI functionality, which happened
Jun 21
Sagar Behere
, …
Gorkycreator
8
Jun 16
Announcing Finzytrack: a (yet another) GUI for Beancount
Hi Richard, I just released v0.1.3 with Fava-style (Fava-identical) custom directives for insert-
unread,
Announcing Finzytrack: a (yet another) GUI for Beancount
Hi Richard, I just released v0.1.3 with Fava-style (Fava-identical) custom directives for insert-
Jun 16
Martin Blais
, …
Paul Schumacher
8
Jun 12
Beancount to DuckDB
Love this idea of “test cases are the new code, and code is obsolete”. I stumbled on FablePool (https
unread,
Beancount to DuckDB
Love this idea of “test cases are the new code, and code is obsolete”. I stumbled on FablePool (https
Jun 12
Dan Andersson
, …
Chary Ev2geny
5
Jun 6
New transactions changing past results (expected behavior? bug?)
I actually found this subject interesting to explore and have added the related section to the
unread,
New transactions changing past results (expected behavior? bug?)
I actually found this subject interesting to explore and have added the related section to the
Jun 6
Cacinie Avery
Jun 3
[ANN] FinancialBeancount — Multi-platform bill deduplication tool for China
Hi everyone, I'd like to share a tool I've been working on: FinancialBeancount — a local
unread,
[ANN] FinancialBeancount — Multi-platform bill deduplication tool for China
Hi everyone, I'd like to share a tool I've been working on: FinancialBeancount — a local
Jun 3
Daniele Nicolodi
, …
Chathuranga Basnayaka
11
May 26
Currency exchange rates sources
Hi everyone, I wanted to share another option that addresses several of the concerns raised in this
unread,
Currency exchange rates sources
Hi everyone, I wanted to share another option that addresses several of the concerns raised in this
May 26
Martin Blais
, …
Brian Lalor
8
May 9
use_precise_interpolation
I did and I stand by that. Daniele Nicolodi has, as well. 3.2.3 is now up in PyPi, tho. — Brian Lalor
unread,
use_precise_interpolation
I did and I stand by that. Daniele Nicolodi has, as well. 3.2.3 is now up in PyPi, tho. — Brian Lalor
May 9
Timothy Jesionowski
, …
Simon Guest
5
May 5
Announcing beancompat
Hi Tim, [limabean author here] This is great! Thanks for spotting the need for such a tool and making
unread,
Announcing beancompat
Hi Tim, [limabean author here] This is great! Thanks for spotting the need for such a tool and making
May 5
Martin Blais
, …
Brian Lalor
5
Apr 30
Release 3.2.1
> On Apr 30, 2026, at 8:53 AM, Martin Blais <bl...@furius.ca> wrote: > > I spent a
unread,
Release 3.2.1
> On Apr 30, 2026, at 8:53 AM, Martin Blais <bl...@furius.ca> wrote: > > I spent a
Apr 30
Chary Ev2geny
, …
Simon Guest
6
Apr 29
Displaying the cost date in beanquery, when displaying inventory
Sorry for the late reply. I check in here from time to time to validate what I am doing with limabean
unread,
Displaying the cost date in beanquery, when displaying inventory
Sorry for the late reply. I check in here from time to time to validate what I am doing with limabean
Apr 29
Chris Frey
, …
Martin Blais
5
Apr 22
check_average_cost plugin on parent and subaccounts
Good stuff added to contrib On Mon, Apr 20, 2026 at 12:00 PM Damien R. <damien...@gmail.com
unread,
check_average_cost plugin on parent and subaccounts
Good stuff added to contrib On Mon, Apr 20, 2026 at 12:00 PM Damien R. <damien...@gmail.com
Apr 22
M Lell
, …
Martin Blais
28
Apr 19
How to update the documentation and make it more beginner-friendly
The documents reconciled; - clearly marked the v2 version as deprecated and removed from the index -
unread,
How to update the documentation and make it more beginner-friendly
The documents reconciled; - clearly marked the v2 version as deprecated and removed from the index -
Apr 19