Regarding GSOC 2020

Palash Nigam

Jan 25, 2020, 8:39:29 AM1/25/20
to BEAM Community
Hi there,

Is BEAM community going to participate in GSoC 2020? I checked out this repo https://github.com/beamcommunity/beamcommunity.github.com but it doesn't really seem to be active. Are the project ideas for 2020 being tracked elsewhere? If yes then please drop a link.

Thanks,
Palash Nigam

José Valim

Jan 25, 2020, 11:39:44 AM1/25/20
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Yes! We are organizing to run this year as part of the Erlang Ecosystem Foundation.

Palash Nigam

Jan 25, 2020, 12:08:53 PM1/25/20
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for replying. Is there any page where you are making a list of potential project ideas? The GitHub repo doesn't seem to be updated.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 10:09 PM José Valim <jose....@dashbit.co> wrote:
Yes! We are organizing to run this year as part of the Erlang Ecosystem Foundation.

José Valim

Jan 25, 2020, 1:03:18 PM1/25/20
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
We use the wiki in the GitHub repo.

Benoit Chesneau

Feb 4, 2020, 6:38:16 PM2/4/20
to BEAM Community
also we just moved it under https://github.com/erlef/gsoc/wiki

If you have any project please submit it there asap. Sorry for the late notice.

Palash Nigam

Feb 5, 2020, 3:54:44 AM2/5/20
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benoit,
Thanks for the link. Are there going to be any other project proposals besides barrelldb?

José Valim

Feb 5, 2020, 4:06:51 AM2/5/20
to BEAM Community
Yes, we have just started another thread asking the interested projects to migrate over.