Introduction and proposal for GSoC 2020

Arzoo

Dec 2, 2019, 2:09:57 PM12/2/19
to BEAM Community

Hello everyone,

I am Arzoo, a fifth-year student at the National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur pursuing Computer Science & Engineering (Dual-Degree). I am looking for GSoC 2020 and for the same, I have a proposal in my mind.

Proposal: Improvements and enhancements in website

A community website plays an important role for an open-source organization because it spreads the idea of offerings that community provide, their precious contributions, their skills, their members, etc. So, my project will aim to increase the usability and easiness for all the open-source contributors by improving and enhancing the AboutCode website for developers, newcomers as well as for other organizations. The major focus of this project is to enhance the architecture of the website by introducing new pages like projects and further grouping them into completed, active and archived, past GSoC students (their projects, their mentors, status of their projects), FAQs in different languages, mentors, admins, documentation, filters for projects, newcomer invitation form, feedback form, etc.. As well as, redesigning and restructure of the existing website and making it responsive so that it looks good on different devices.

I will use these technologies - python, jekyll, html, javascript, Angular JS.

Looking forward for precious feedback.

I can also give a detailed proposal.

Thanks & Regards,

Arzoo

Arzoo

Jan 16, 2020, 9:54:17 AM1/16/20
to BEAM Community
Greetings everyone,

Is beam community participating in GSoC 2020 ? Please also review my project idea.
I can also manage and coordinate GSoC 2020 activities.

Thanks and regards,
Arzoo

Arzoo

Feb 5, 2020, 7:07:26 AM2/5/20
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benoit,

Please give your precious feedback on this proposal.

Thanks and regards,
Arzoo

Benoit Chesneau

Feb 5, 2020, 11:12:46 AM2/5/20
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
I will look at it asap :) Thanks for the proposal!