clang on BeagleV

Michael Fuckner

Mar 23, 2021, 3:35:57 AM3/23/21
to BeagleV
Hi, Is there already someone trying to get clang/llvm running on BeagleV?

I am really interested in getting this running.

Regards,
 Michael!

Drew Fustini

Mar 23, 2021, 7:15:09 PM3/23/21
to Michael Fuckner, BeagleV
On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 12:35 AM Michael Fuckner <molli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Is there already someone trying to get clang/llvm running on BeagleV?
>
> I am really interested in getting this running.

Hi Michael, the RISC-V arch is supported in upstream clang [1]. Khem
Raj gave a good talk about the state of software on RISC-V and he
talked about clang/llvm [2]. But like most software on RISC-V, there
is still room for improvement in clang and llvm for RISC-V so I'm sure
there are aspects you could help with if it interests you.

Thanks,
Drew

[1] https://github.com/riscv/riscv-software-list
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4aHBoKtW_I

Michael Fuckner

Mar 26, 2021, 1:21:44 PM3/26/21
to Drew Fustini, Michael Fuckner, BeagleV

> On 24/03/2021 00:14 Drew Fustini <dr...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 12:35 AM Michael Fuckner <molli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Is there already someone trying to get clang/llvm running on BeagleV?
> >
> > I am really interested in getting this running.
>
> Hi Michael, the RISC-V arch is supported in upstream clang [1]. Khem
> Raj gave a good talk about the state of software on RISC-V and he
> talked about clang/llvm [2]. But like most software on RISC-V, there
> is still room for improvement in clang and llvm for RISC-V so I'm sure
> there are aspects you could help with if it interests you.
looks interesting- what I could additionally offer: host the machine on a static IP and give others remote access and add enough storage via NFS

Regards,
Michael!