eMMC issues on Beagleboard X15 RevA

Catudal Michel

May 25, 2018, 9:51:05 PM5/25/18
to BeagleBoard
I first created a yocto packages using poky morty branch. At work with the DRA726 I use one based on Arago but for my Beagleboard X15 boards I would prefer something using Poky.

This worked fine on both Rev A and Rev C.

Since I prefer dnf to smart I wanted to use Rocko. I use the rpm packaging, it was a pain to switch to RPM from IPK with Arago where I had to do some special coding to get things to work. Arago seems to have that thing for ipk.
It works fine with Rev C but I get tons of errors with eMMC which is not recognized On rev A. Micro SD works fine.
Any idea why someone decided to break the RevA support and any idea where I should look?

Michel

Robert Nelson

May 25, 2018, 10:20:55 PM5/25/18
to Beagle Board, Catudal Michel
What model of Rev A.. U-boot will tell us..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Michel Catudal

May 25, 2018, 10:48:35 PM5/25/18
to Robert Nelson, Beagle Board
Not the TI. Version, the Beagleboard version. It just says Beagleboard X15
I bought that one in England, Beagleboard X15 was not available in the USA at the time
I got the Rev C from Mouser

[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[    0.000000] Linux version 4.9.69-g89d085d1a4 (michel@michel) (gcc version 6.4.0 (GCC) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Sun May 20 13:23:56 EDT 2018
[    0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [412fc0f2] revision 2 (ARMv7), cr=30c5387d
[    0.000000] CPU: div instructions available: patching division code
[    0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, PIPT instruction cache
[    0.000000] OF: fdt:Machine model: TI AM5728 BeagleBoard-X15

Embedded Linux Software
http://suzielinux.com