Frajokro

Jul 1, 2020, 11:50:42 AM7/1/20
to BeagleBoard
I want to connect the BBB-wireless to the wlan rooter. For that reason I have to type at the terminal the following commandline : connmanctl> connect wifi_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_managed_psk. The xxxxxxx has so many characters, that the active inputline is too short and a CR is performed, but no new line is generated. That's why the beginning of the commandline is overwritten with the end of the command. Is there a way to tell the Terminal also to perform a new line?
Thanks

Dennis Lee Bieber

Jul 1, 2020, 2:30:19 PM7/1/20
to Beagleboard
On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 08:50:42 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user "'Frajokro' via BeagleBoard"
What "Terminal" -- or to be more explicit... How are you connected to
the Beagle, and what exactly are you running on?

In my experience PuTTY does line wrapping when entering long commands

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Jun 28 13:48:13 2020 from fe80::c932:bd85:577:9922%eth0
debian@beaglebone:~$ this is a long bit of junk being entered at the
command prompt in a PuTTY session on Win10... Note that it wrapped cleanly.

{Not really useful -- the news client is wrapping text to, but the text
copied from PuTTY doesn't embed the wrap points... The actual PuTTY window
wrapped as

... at the comman
d prompt...
}

Cloud9 IDE
"""
debian@beaglebone:/var/lib/cloud9$ And a sample line entered via the bash
tab of the cloud9 IDE; which, in my browser is a much wider window only
wrapping at "window only"
"""

--
Dennis L Bieber