PWM wave in pocketbeagle

Rafael Meyer

Mar 3, 2021, 9:18:40 AM3/3/21
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

I am a beginner in programming and acquired a pocketbeagle card.

So far I have just configured the pocketbeagle to communicate with the internet and updated the software. I used a simple code from the internet to test the board's leds but I still don't know how to configure the pins.

I would like to know how to generate a PWM wave with code in python3.

 Thanks!

 Rafael G. Meyer

Dennis Lee Bieber

Mar 3, 2021, 11:45:16 PM3/3/21
to Beagleboard
On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 06:18:40 -0800 (PST), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Rafael Meyer
<evertonlegunszipmail.com....@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

>I would like to know how to generate a PWM wave with code in python3.

https://adafruit-bbio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/PWM.html

Based upon
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/beagleboard/pocketbeagle/images/PocketBeagle_pinout.png
there are four pins that support PWM output. P1_33 (defaults to PRU), P1_36
(PWM), P2_1 (PWM), P2_3 (default GPIO).

If Adafruit_BBIO.PWM can't change the pin mode, you may have to play
with config-pin external to the program first.

It looks like PWM has also been added to the blinka/circuitpython
adapter.

--
Dennis L Bieber